I spent January finishing up my 2 weeks managing JMR and took a very needed vacation to Palm Springs with my parents, sister, and Grandma and PapaJim. It was SOOO much fun and so needed...I haven't felt relaxed in a long time because of work and graduating. It was great spending more time with Annie. I love how we're ten years apart, but still so so close.
Then I worked up at....
It was an awesome experience. I got the job through Josie Franciose and worked with a bunch of my friends. The events I worked were the Opening Party, the Shorts Awards Ceremony and Party, the Feature Film Competition Dinner, the Native Forum Party and the final Awards Night Ceremony and Celebration. I saw a couple famous people; Robert Redford, Emmy Rossum (Phantom of the Opera), Joel Stein, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Chris Rock. I thought I'd see a lot more celebrities, but it was mainly directors and producers who came to the events. I think if I'd gone 'out on the town' at night I would have seen more celebs, but I really didn't have the desire to. Its all too hyped up in my opinion. Chris Rock tipped $20 and was really, really nice which surprised me-he's also really little, just a bit taller than me! And I had a full conversation with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and his girlfriend but didn't recognize him from 10 things I hate about you so I had no idea he was famous until Preston told me afterwards. It was weird because we were usually checking tickets, checking coats or putting wristbands on, so it was really weird being so close to celebs. And it was even weirder having to check "the list" to make sure they were on it even if they were famous. My biggest disappointment was at the Feature Film Award Party, Jon Krasinski (The Office) was on the list but didn't show.
The month of February has been spent mainly in bed dealing with getting my tonsils out. It was horrible. WAY worse than I anticipated. Luckily I have a great mom who was up all hours of the night smashing up popsicles for me and getting ice packs, and a Dad who slept in my brother's room for a week and a half so I could sleep in their room with Mom with the new flatscreen they just put in there (it was awesome to have cable again-I just have an antenna at my apartment) Now I am almost healed and can almost talk without pain (almost 3 weeks after surgery) Even though this has been so painful I am glad I did it so I won't get sick as much anymore. Having tonsillitis 6 times in 8 months last year was way too much!
Then I worked up at....

It was an awesome experience. I got the job through Josie Franciose and worked with a bunch of my friends. The events I worked were the Opening Party, the Shorts Awards Ceremony and Party, the Feature Film Competition Dinner, the Native Forum Party and the final Awards Night Ceremony and Celebration. I saw a couple famous people; Robert Redford, Emmy Rossum (Phantom of the Opera), Joel Stein, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Chris Rock. I thought I'd see a lot more celebrities, but it was mainly directors and producers who came to the events. I think if I'd gone 'out on the town' at night I would have seen more celebs, but I really didn't have the desire to. Its all too hyped up in my opinion. Chris Rock tipped $20 and was really, really nice which surprised me-he's also really little, just a bit taller than me! And I had a full conversation with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and his girlfriend but didn't recognize him from 10 things I hate about you so I had no idea he was famous until Preston told me afterwards. It was weird because we were usually checking tickets, checking coats or putting wristbands on, so it was really weird being so close to celebs. And it was even weirder having to check "the list" to make sure they were on it even if they were famous. My biggest disappointment was at the Feature Film Award Party, Jon Krasinski (The Office) was on the list but didn't show.


No comments:
Post a Comment