9/24/09

I'm Here

I'm finally here and love it. I don't have very much time to write but here are some high points...
  • 12 hour layover in Amsterdam- did a canal tour and went to the Anne Frank museum
  • saw a monkey in the jungle at the base of Kilimanjaro
  • jumped off a waterfall
  • drank banana soup and banana beer- they were both gross
  • volunteering at Kilimani Nursery School in the mornings and the Orphanage in the afternoons. I LOVE IT!!!!!!
  • how friendly everyone is
  • learning Swahili
  • the hour walk to Kilimani nursery
  • All of the other volunteers
And the low points...
  • I was SO tired in Amsterdam I fell asleep on the canal tour
  • rats live in the house...seriously...and they are big
  • the bathroom is disgusting...I'll post a picture soon
  • the toilet at the Nursery is a hole in the dirt outside
  • being SO tired the first couple of days
  • the hour walk to Kilimani Nursery in the heat

2 comments:

  1. wow! That all sounds very cool- and hot! I was so excited to see an update and couldn't wait to read it! You seem like you have the perfect attitude for this experience and I bet those little children are already in love with you!

    Can't wait to read more:) Love you, miss you!
    xoxo
    Chels

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting and how exhausting at the same time. Can't wait to read more. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Love, The Herons

    ReplyDelete