Since skype is hard to do, I figured I may as well start up on this again for everyone at home.
So far London has been amazing. I love it. Dave and I moved into our flat two weeks ago, so I'm finally feeling settled. This is a pic of our main room.

School is really good. Hard, but really good. Its pretty intimidating- the majority of my classmates have a vocabulary like Scotts. I definitely feel like the "dumb american" at times. My dissertation is already stressing me out. I have so many ideas floating in my head, but no idea how to go about it. Eeekkk! Good thing I have awhile to figure it out.
Right now I'm taking two modules in my course, the first is Learners, Learning and Teaching in the Context of Education For All and the second is Learning, Education and Development: Concepts and Issues. Both are interesting, a lot of reading which I find extremely difficult to not just do it, but understand thoroughly what I'm reading...I get sidetracked too easily. I'll read a page and then realise I didn't actually absorb any of it. At the end of this term I have two 5,000 word essays due. I think I'm going to write one on post-conflict education in Rwanda, but I'm not sure about the other. Probably do something about EFA (education for all) in Tanzania.
Highlights of London so far:
- Spitalfields Market- its amazing!!! such cool shopping and antiques. Haven't actually bought anything yet, but its so fun to wander around
- Being fairly close to Camden Market (2 tube stops away from our flat) Dave and I have gone a couple times and browsed around looking for flat decorations--yet to buy anything there as well, but its been fun. We also found a great dim sum place thats half price Tue-Thurs, really good find!
- The food- its sooooo diverse! We went for Tunisian/Moroccan food last night, have had multiple currys, etc. They literally have everything, especially at Spitalfields market, its amazing all of the different smells.
- Dave and I spent a day walking around London- went to Southbank, Waterloo bridge, Oxford Street, etc. My favorite thing in London is just walking around. Especially on a nice day, which are rare thus far, but I don't mind. I'm still loving London.

View from walk across Waterloo bridge
- The pub across the road from our flat, Shaftesbury Tavern. They serve nice food, the staff is really friendly and we've enjoyed going there to watch the football matches. Surprisingly, I'm still not sick of watching football. We watched rugby last week, which reminded me too much of american football (though I can't say that without Dave explaining how its sooo much different) But in the end, rugby is boring, I'm sticking with footie for now.
- Going out with Dave's friends in Shoreditch. Trendy, hipster area, but I absolutely love it. There are so many amazing vintage and charity shops. Scooter would love it too.
- Bristol City- Dave and I went to a match last weekend. We lost, but it was still really fun. And there were lots of fights, which I thought was really exciting! BCFC!
- Love the location of my uni. Its right in central London with so many other universities around. Its so nice being there.
- DAVE GETTING INTO THE FIRE BRIGADE!!! Thats definitely been the biggest highlight! So happy for him!! Starts training March 14! wooooooooooo I'll be dating a fireman...I mean firefighter- apparently saying fireman is a no-no.

Thats about it for now. I'll write more later. Miss and Love You! Wish I was skiing the pow pow with you! xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment